Thursday, May 26, 2016

Aldo Garcia of Waukegan admitted to the University of Illinois Springfield

Aldo Garcia, a senior at Waukegan High School, has been admitted to the University of Illinois Springfield for the fall 2016 term.

Garcia will be majoring in political science at UIS with a focus on secondary education. He hopes to become a teacher following graduation and possibly seek political office later in life.

“I chose UIS because I want to learn about politics, and what better way to learn about politics than in my state’s capital,” said Garcia. “I really fell in love with the campus, and the environment, and with Springfield in general.”

In high school, Garcia played soccer and was a member of the class council and the Anime Manga Club. He was also a member of the Waukegan High School Student Council and served as president of the Northeast District of Student Councils.

The University of Illinois Springfield is one of three campuses of the world-class University of Illinois. Over 5,000 students enroll each year at UIS seeking a U of I degree in the friendly learning environment of a smaller university. Located in the state capital, UIS has a special mission in public affairs and has produced thousands of leaders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.

For more information on the University of Illinois Springfield, contact the Office of Admissions at 888/977-4847 or go online at www.uis.edu/admissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment