Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sam Geraci of Steger earns a University of Illinois Springfield scholarship

Sam Geraci, a resident of Steger and communication major at the University of Illinois Springfield, has been awarded the Luedke Family Scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year.

Geraci, a baseball fanatic, chose to pursue a communication degree with dreams of working for a professional sports team.

“My dream is to work for one of the major professional teams in Chicago,” said Geraci, who is also a UIS baseball player.

Geraci transferred to UIS from Parkland Community College in Champaign, where he also played baseball.

“Baseball is a big part of my life and helped lead me to UIS,” said Geraci.

“I was recruited by Coach Ramirez and fell in love once I laid eyes on the campus. The scholarship will help my family in more ways than can be known,” he said.

The Luedke Family Scholarship is awarded to students who maintain a GPA of 3.5 or better.

For more information on scholarships, contact the UIS Office of Financial Assistance at 217/206-6724 or finaid@uis.edu.

For a full list of scholarship opportunities visit www.uis.edu/financialaid/scholarships/. The deadline to apply for institutional scholarships is February 15, 2018.

If you are interested in creating a scholarship, please contact the UIS Office of Advancement at 217/206-6058 or giftinfo@uis.edu.

Post a Comment