Friday, April 29, 2016

Rachel Cobert of Erie receives a University of Illinois Springfield scholarship

Rachel Cobert, a senior at Erie High School, has been admitted to the University of Illinois Springfield for fall 2016 and awarded a $30,000 Lincoln Scholarship for tuition over 4 years.

Cobert plans to major in biology at UIS with a pre-med focus. She’ll also be playing on the Prairie Stars volleyball team.

“I love the town of Springfield and the campus at UIS. During my visits, I felt right at home, so I am excited to begin my future there,” she said.

In high school, she played volleyball and basketball and was on the track and field team. She was also a class officer, a member of National Honor Society and was on the staff of the school newspaper.

Following graduation from UIS, she plans to become a physical therapist.

All incoming UIS freshmen are eligible to apply for Lincoln Merit Scholarships. The amount awarded is based upon the incoming student’s ACT or SAT score. To receive $30,000 over four years, students must earn a 27 to 29 on their ACT and hold a GPA of 4.0 or above.

For more information on scholarships, contact the UIS Office of Financial Assistance at 217/206-6724 or email finaid@uis.edu. For a full list of scholarship opportunities, visit www.uis.edu/financialaid/scholarships/.

Post a Comment