Thursday, November 30, 2017

Alison Haesele of Minier awarded a University of Illinois Springfield scholarship

Alison Haesele, a resident of Minier and elementary education & psychology major at the University of Illinois Springfield, has been awarded the Dennis D. and Susan J. Koch Scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year.

Haesele, a UIS softball player, is pursuing a double major in elementary education and psychology with a certificate in the CAST program for Child Advocacy Studies. Her goal is to become an elementary school teacher.

“I love children and their creative and imaginative minds, so teaching seems like the perfect career for me,” she said.

Haesele transferred to UIS from Illinois Central College, where she also played softball.

“Some of the best memories I have made at UIS were through softball,” she said.

Haesele also credits her UIS professors for unique learning opportunities.

“The amount of knowledge I have already received here and continue to receive from my classes just reassures me more that this was the best school for me.”

The Dennis D. and Susan J. Koch Scholarship was established by the current UIS Chancellor Susan J. Koch and her husband Dennis to honor their parents and grandparents, whose lives were changed by the opportunity to attend a public Illinois university.

For more information on scholarships, contact the UIS Office of Financial Assistance at 217/206-6724 or finaid@uis.edu. For a full list of scholarship opportunities visit www.uis.edu/financialaid/scholarships/.

The deadline to apply for institutional scholarships is February 15, 2018.

If you are interested in creating a scholarship, please contact the UIS Office of Advancement at 217/206-6058 or giftinfo@uis.edu.

Post a Comment